Pages

Beauty

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Actress Speaks On Life After Divorce

Nollywood actress, Doris Simeon, was recently a guest on breakfast show- 'Your Views on TVC' where she opened up on her divorce from  filmmaker, Daniel Adenimokan.
She also spoke on attempts she made to save the marriage and on surviving after divorce.
Read excerpts:
Life after divorce; how does a woman pick up the pieces of her life and move on?
Like I always tell people, old things have passed away, and all things have become new. I would say that you just have to put it behind you.
There might be a situation that you might have to visit some other time, but for the meantime, you have to forget about it and focus on whatever you need to do to make it in life, and also make your children amount to something, rather than dwelling in the past, because if you do, you wouldn’t move forward.

It got to a point that I had to look at myself in the mirror, and I said to myself, ‘Doris, you are a beautiful woman, why would you want to kill yourself over nothing?’ And that’s when I began to think: I’m very hardworking and I try to do a lot of things and venture into any business that I think can work and bring in money for me.
In cases like this, people often try to get clerics to intervene in the matter, did you go through that?
Yes, I did. There are some people that he listens to when they talk to him, so I tried to call pastors, and they kept calling him, but he wouldn’t pick their calls.
At some point, I just realized that he had made up his mind finally, so I should just try and move on with my life also. It took me a year to get to that point, but in between that time, I was trying to focus my mind on other things such as work.
Did it affect you?
No, not really, it didn't in any way. Physically, it affected me…you know seeing him and all that, but one day, I just said to myself that I need to do something to even wow him so that he’ll see that I’m surviving without him. I decided to be more visible and make noise about myself, and not kill my career.
hat was a very good approach because when you look inward and decide to bring out your best; it’s a very good revenge because the person would realize that he made a mistake by leaving you. Per adventure his new relationship crumbles, would you take him back?
No, sorry. That was a man that asked for divorce over seven times, long before we finally separated.At every little problem, he would say ‘I want divorce, I want divorce.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENTS HERE.
WE LOVE COMMENTS!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Videos